Do you know Ed or Brad?

after I picked up the phone for the eleven-millionth time...AFTER I picked it up is when I realized I had been dialing the wrong number. I mean, the number was a correct number. It was A correct number.
Do you understand what I am trying to say?
I was calling the wrong effing person!
I just didn't flippin' know it.

So then I put a piece of pork in the oven and forgot to turn the oven on. Doesn't cook very well that way.
But, no worries, because when Ed and Brad get here later the food will either BE cooked or Ed can slide up to me and in that smooth voice of his, or is it Brad's?-and he can say:
"Reject the basic assumptions of civilization, especially the importance of material possessions."

3 comments:

George said...

I think I would say ... come away with me, we can dine on apricots and candy cotton, make love on a bed of spun gold thread, drink brandy and wine licking it from your body

sigh

Have a fab weekend honey

raindog said...

you sure that was a piece of pork and not some ginormous bird the boy found in the yard?

~d said...

George: you paint such a delightful picture!! Hmmm, perhaps I should set up your tent again. It is quite warm these days-hot actually, I will leave you a portable battery operated fan. Just in case.

Raindog: That was NOT MY KID!! I SWEAR IT!! Duude!